Monday, August 16, 2010

Birds - Scariest Movie Ever!

When I was like 10 I think my mother introduced me to Alfred Hitchcock. One of the movies we watched was "Birds." I look back at that movie and think birds, didn't think they could be crazy creatures, but I was wrong. Luckily it was just in the movie. Well, that all changed this past week when I visited Hanks - aka birdville. I couldn't take many photos because the birds were attacking me for food. So you can't see the true evil in their eyes as they were all over me. Amanda has those photos. The cockatoos, biggest/scariest bird I have ever been around. Their talons are massive and they dig them into your arm when they land. As much as I sound like I hate this experience, I actually loved it. The birds were beautiful. Some of the parrot-like ones looked like they could have been painted in thin air. I wish I had some cool pictures with me in them, but you will just have to admire them without me!
This past Saturday we celebrated little Amaya's birthday. She turned 5 about a month ago but never had a party. It was Disney themed so we all dressed up as characters. I was Minnie Mouse, Amanda=chef from Ratatouli, Amelia=Cruela DeVile, and Amaya was Tinkerbell. I wish I had better pictures, but once again they are on Amanda's camera. But I did take a picture of the cupcake cake Amelia and I made. It turned out pretty good.
By the way I am down to a month before I see this guy and .............then 6 weeks until I see these people. I am so excited!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment