Monday, August 2, 2010

Tire vs Tyre

Language, such a funny thing. I have come to see that not all English is equal. The first time I saw the word "tyre" I was so confused. It wasn't until I read the surrounding words "brakes, shocks, etc" to realize what they actually meant was tire. Some other words I have encountered are gos=gossip, breky=breakfast, licence=license, and this is hilarious "the town bike" think about it, you'll get it. Oh Costco, I miss my weekly daddy-daughter date/samples. Well, to my surprise, the first Costco in Australia was built here about a year age. This past weekend I got to go with my family here (the Wong's). For a few of them, it was their first time. It was so funny to see their faces and the size of products here. The only down side is that because everything still has to be imported, the cost savings is barely anything. We had a good time though. You know the notorious frozen cream puffs? Well, I introduced my family to them. And it was a success. Oh and my friend Kent was absolutely obsessed. He was in heaven and could have spent three times as much as he did. Reminds me so much of Dewbot!

Later that night we went to Eureka Tower, aka the tallest building in Melbourne. Ya, not the highest place I have ever been, but it was pretty cool. It is 88 stories and on that level you can go in the "BOX" it is probably 6'x6' with only six centimeters of glass between you and the plunging fall. They took a picture of us in the box. Millie was so afraid that if she touched the glass she would fall through it. So, if you can see it in the picture she is only standing on the metal linings. And don't mind my distracted gaze. I didn't know where we were supposed to look for the pic!
We took lots of random pics and had a blast. The friends I have made here are the best and they are truly a family away from home.

This is Kent and Amanda, my two best friends and the cutest couple!

1 comment: